Which cryptocurrency has the best tech and team?
This question originally appeared on Quora, the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights.
Answers by Ramesh Jain, James Moyer, George Tung, Rudraksh Kapoor, Sane Lebrun, Thomas Schroeder, Mike Smith, Ria de Limpias, and Ilia Askey.
Ramesh Jain, Stock and Cryptocurrency Investor
Answered Dec. 22
There are many that you can buy right now.
- IOTA – will probably be the machine economy for the upcoming internet of things. Recently, major share bought by Bosch. Also quantum-computing ready and has first mover advantage on DAG technology. Very fast transactions and no fees.
- REQUEST Network – Expected to be Paypal 2.0 It supports payments, auditing, taxes etc. all in one package. Making payment easier and reducing overall costs for the big corporations who do millions of transactions daily.
- Golem – Allows you to share free computer resources. They want to create a worldwide supercomputer by combining all these free resources. I see myself using them because I do video editing and I will need computing power on rent.
- Ethereum – Smart contracts.
These are some of my favorites in which I am invested. However, don’t buy because you read about them here. Do your own research. Here is step by step guide.
- Check out their whole website and click on all links that contain information about the cryptocurrency. The homepage gives us the basic idea and the purpose behind the current cryptocurrency.
- If you still don’t have any idea or aren’t able to understand the cryptocurrency then you should make use of secondary sources. Try watching videos about it on youtube. Many YouTubers provides us with easy to understand insights about the coin.
- Study their whitepaper
- Check out their founders and core team members. You will find their info the website itself. Check out their interviews. Research on their profile on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Check out their Reddit. You will find answers to many of your questions. Make use of search bar and if you still don’t find an answer better ask the question.
James Moyer, Founder of whitepaperpagoda.com (2016-present)
Answered April 1
Fantastic question and one that absolutely needs to be asked. If you head over to Coinmarketcap, they currently list 1,596 projects which within are several potential 100X investments opportunities as well as tons of projects which will ultimately crash, burn, and go to 0.
If you spend time on Twitter, you’ll see a lot of focus on TA – technical analysis. The idea is, look at charts and you’ll be able to predict which coins will go up and go down. I’m not disrespecting TA at all, I think it has a lot of merits. But if you work full time, have a side business, a family etc, you may not have the time to learn TA and stare at charts all day looking for the right entry/exit points.
That’s where tech and team come in. My method is to read white papers. Read a paper a day. I even share a bunch of them on a free website I’ve built just to keep track of the research, White Paper Pagoda.
If you read the white paper, it gets clearer. Some read like bullshitty puffy marketing pieces – stay away from those. What you really want to see are the following:
1. Do they have a working product or is this document just talking about what can be done? For example, Bitcoin (I’m invested in), Ethereum (I’m invested in Steem (currently not invested in) all work right now.
2. Do they have a real market? A boring product that addresses a real market will win; a cool product that doesn’t really solve a need or address an existing market won’t. Don’t look for sexy; look for useful.
Then look at teams. Best way to find out is their website. I have links to the websites of various crypto assets organized on my website as well. Check out White Paper Pagoda to see those. A good website will list the team. Google the team members and find out if any of them have accomplished big tasks in the past. Don’t get me wrong, someone can stumble out of obscurity and make the next billion dollar project, but generally, the people most likely to hit a home run tomorrow are the ones who have hit home runs in the past.
I could post a list of what I’m invested in at the moment, but if you buy things that I recommend, you’ll panic-sell later if they dump 70 percent because you’ll only be in them because some internet guy told you that the team and tech are good. Instead, you’ve got to bite the bullet and read a lot of white papers, research each team, and when you find ones that stand out to you, buy. Then, nothing will shake those coins from your hands because you’ll have belief in them based on your own sweat and work.
George Tung, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Enthusiast.
Answered June 16, 2017
Created by math prodigy Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum is second only to Bitcoin in the hierarchy of cryptocurrencies. Ethereum can not only process transactions but complex contracts and programs.
This flexibility makes Ethereum the perfect instrument for distributed computing. In February 2017, Ethereum organization announced the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA). It is aimed at developing enterprise-focused solutions with the open-source Ethereum as a basis but that are, in some cases, more privacy-oriented. Conversely, the idea is to create a kind of positive feedback loop that leads to improvements of the public blockchain protocol as well.
There are major Fortune 500 companies, Microsoft, Intel, JP Morgan, BP, Samsung to name a few, that are all currently exploring Ethereum.
Rudraksh Kapoor, Founder -amp; CEO of CrypVlogs (Altcoin Consult. -amp; Trading Exp.)
Answered Feb. 14
First One will be IOTA, then Litecoin, after that Ethereum and Bitcoin.
Sane Lebrun, former Head of Digital Marketing at EyeEm (2014-2017)
Answered Jan. 22
Ripple is known to have one of the best teams around. It notably includes Jed McCaleb, founder of MtGox (a former famous bitcoin exchange). Last month, they recruited Tom Channick, who previously served as corporate communications manager for Facebook.
They have 150 employees so it’s not exactly 5 developers in a garage playing with blockchain 😉
I am myself an investor in their currency, but also in many more, so I do mention them because their team is very reputed.
Answered Jun 16, 2017
Platincoin is a global project that aims to unite people around the world. We give you a unique opportunity to change your life and the life of people around you.
Platincoin is an innovative cryptosystem that combines a learning academy, a revolutionary hybrid blockchain technology, a trendy business platform and a social network. Today, these business directions are viewed as the most popular and profitable ones on the multi-billion market of internet technologies.
One of the Platincoin cryptosystem benefits is that behind the Swiss stock company PLC Group AG there is a team of international experts. This team puts in every effort to develop and popularize the brand Platincoin. The company is expanding its investment portfolio by acquiring precious metals and by participating in lucrative business projects.
Answered June 16, 2017
I’m not sure about teams, I’d say there is a lot of good teams in the top 20 from looking into each company but I tend to be driven by individuals such as Brendan Eich who is involved with BAT and my favourite, Jed McCaleb, responsible for Ripple and now involved in Stellar.
Consider this in my answer though, what drives the team, not many people know of the teams at Apple or Microsoft but will know the main guy.
Ria de Limpias, Master Banking -amp; Finance from Santander
Answered 3 hours ago
XRP gets the strong support from Ripple. That’s the only proper management team in the industry.
Also, it’s got the best utility in the market to answer the current demand of sending funds on the most efficient way possible.
That’s why it’s got such strong support from banks and institutions
Concerning technology, blockchain is the future.
Ilia Askey, Investing 50% of my checks in Crypto since August 2012.
Answered Jan. 17
Ardor and Stellar Lumens. Nothing else on that market makes me feel so good when I talk about those coins.
Tech is crazy with a lot of experience. Plus idea and their implementations are magically smart. I believe in really bright future for Stellar and Ardr.
Read more at Quora, the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights.